St. Jacobs Quilt & Fibre Art Festival
May 27 – 31 St. Jacobs, Ontario
During this wonderful festival, I will be the guest artist at the Village Silos, 1441 King St. N., St. Jacobs, ON.
A show and sale of my dimensional still-lifes and densely stitched landscapes will take place throughout the Festival
– from Tuesday, May 27th to Saturday May 31st.
I will be on location for 3 days:
Wed. May 28 10am – 6pm
Thurs. May 29 10am – 6pm
Sat. May 31 10am – 4pm
While I’m there, I will be working on a stumpwork still-life – so if you’ve been curious to see how it’s done, this is your chance! No, I won’t have my longarm, but I will be working on the hand appliqué and assembly of the detached elements for a piece about tulips in my garden.
I will be working in one of the historic silos in the old flour mill. Elsa Elliott of Silo Weavers is my host. The shop carries handwoven placemats, tablerunners, cushions, afghans & scarves – designed and made by Elsa – as well as handwoven rugs, mohair throws and other related gift items.
The Canadian Embroiderers’ Guild Guelph, Grand Guild of Fibre Artists, Group of Eight Fibre Artists Guild, and quilter Elizabeth DeBoer will have exhibits at the adjacent Mill.
There will be lots to see and do in the area:
– in St. Jacobs: quilts, fibre art, weaving, embroidery, classes, and a merchant mall spread across several sites
– in Cambridge: a “wee quilt challenge” at McDougall Cottage
– in Kitchener: a “quilt block challenge” and a preview of the Mennonite Relief Sale at Joseph Schneider Haus Museum
– in New Hamburg on Saturday: the Mennonite Relief Sale quilt auction.
For more info on all of the events go to www.stjacobs.com
I hope you will drop by for a visit!
St. Jacobs is about 15 minutes north of Waterloo, ON.